(062) 63122

Nitrates & Fertiliser Plans

Intensive farms must ensure that they meet nitrates regulations layed down by the Department of Agriculture.

Farmers who exceed 170kg of nitrogen per hectare must have a nitrates derogation compliance form from the Department of Agriculture. Where a farmer does not exceed this limit they must have an up-to-date fertilizer plan and records on their holding. This is obligatory under cross-compliance nitrogen rules. Farm fertilizer plans must be compliant with SI31 (European Union Good Agricultural Practice for Protection of Waters). As part of this service we provide the following advice:

  • Nitrates derogation application
  • Nitrates plans
  • Soil sampling
  • Annual Fertilizer Records
  • General nutrient management


Go to top